Tuesday 18 July 2017

Christmas in July

It's time for another new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz and it's Christmas in July!! I used a NBUS Penny Black stamp and coloured almost exactly the same as the packet suggestion.

I have to say I was rather pleased with it. I embossed the sentiment in white to make it stand out on the black base.

The last few days have been very exciting and a bit nerve wracking. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog will know that I have been making Octopi for Octopus for a Preemie. I have also become the local coordinator for them for Frimley Park Hospital, which recently started to use them. Last week they issued a press release about them and as a result Radio Surrey did an interview with me on Friday morning( by telephone, thankfully so I didn't have to get up too early, even that was early enough for me). You can hear the interview HERE about 1 hour and 25 minutes into the recording.  Yesterday I had to go to the hospital again for BBC South Today filming a piece about them as well. It should be aired tonight on their programme at 6.30pm. It wasn't as easy as the radio one as he didn't ask questions, just got me to talk about them, which I wasn't really prepared for.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Congratulations on your appointment as co-ordinator and becoming a local celebrity! A gorgeous card, reminds me of the polaroid photos my Grandad took of us as kids, love the black with the brightly coloured image... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your radio interview and spot on TV Sue. It's really good to hear that your charity work has been acknowledged. I'm sure you are very much appreciated and all the work you do for Frimley hospital is admirable.

    I love the Christmas card you've made. It's a beautiful stamp and I think the colours are beautiful. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous, congratulations and very well done for all the work you do for the charity.
    Fabulous card, a really super scene. When I use a new stamp, especially PB, I always follow their colours and design for my first attempt to get used to the stamp, then go on to do my own.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue, what an exciting few days and well deserved, for the work you do for the charity. A great card and love the image and design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...